1. You must be 13 years or older to use Torch.
2. You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
3. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
4. You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Torch users.
5. You may not use the Torch service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
6. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links ("Content") that you submit, post, and display on the Torch service.
7. You must not modify, adapt or hack Torch or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Torch.
8. You must not access Torch’s private API by any other means other than the Torch application itself.
9. You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Torch including but not limited to user profiles and photos.
10. You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any Torch members ("Spam").
11. You must not use web URLs in your name without prior written consent from Torch App, LLC.
12. You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
13. You must not, in the use of Torch, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
14. Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Torch account. While Torch prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Torch cannot be responsible for the Content posted through its app or website and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Torch service at your own risk.
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Torch service for any reason, without notice at any time.
3. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
4. We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
6. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Proprietary Rights in Content on Torch
1. Torch does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Torch Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Torch Services, you hereby grant to Torch App, LLC a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the site in any media formats through any media channels.
2. Some of the Torch Services may be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Torch may place such advertising and promotions on the Torch Services or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
3. Some of the Torch Services may be supported by revenue that is obtained through the use of In-App Purchases. Making any such purchase is not required to use the Torch Services, but you hereby agree that your use of the Torch Services is adequate compensation for any monetary benefit received by Torch App, LLC due to your participation or interaction with the Torch Services.
4. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Torch Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Torch Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Torch Services.
5. The Torch Services contain Content of Torch ("Torch Content"). Torch Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Torch App, LLC owns and retains all rights in the Torch Content and the Torch Services. Torch App, LLC hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Torch Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with using the Torch App, viewing the site, and using and promoting the Torch Services.
6. The Torch Services contain Content of Users and other licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Torch Services.
7. Torch performs technical functions necessary to offer the Torch Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Torch Services.
8. Although the Torch site and other Torch Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the site or other Torch Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Torch App, LLC. Also, although Torch will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Torch reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Torch in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Torch encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Torch is not a backup service. Torch App, LLC will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Torch Services, or the loss of any Content.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
• Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Torch account.
• Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number, email, Facebook credentials etc.). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on Torch.
• User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
• Communications between you and Torch. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Information required for the functions of Torch
Some of the functions of Torch require storage of time, location, and usernames of the users involved in the sharing of flames. This information is stored to be displayed in an aggregate form within the app. A user’s specific information will not be displayed or available within the app. Torch will not work without this information. If you do not consent to this use, you will not be able to use Torch.
We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
• Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
• When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
• When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Torch.
• A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
• help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
• remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
• provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
• provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
• develop and test new products and features
• monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
• diagnose or fix technology problems
• automatically update the Torch application on your device
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Torch without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
• We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.), with organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
• We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
• We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
• Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Instances where we may be required to share your information:
Torch will disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
• comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement
• protect the security or integrity of our Service
• exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Torch, our Users, or others.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
• Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Torch maintains facilities.
• Torch may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
• We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Torch cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
• Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Torch at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Torch make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
• Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
• Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
• Following termination or deactivation of your account, Torch may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Torch does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
8. HOW TO CONTACT US